Our Pre-school provides a harmonious, fun and inclusive learning community, where all the children are encouraged to establish friendships and explore and learn through free play.
It is our expectation that each child will grow in confidence and independence before their transition to school.
We work in partnership with parents and actively encourage them to become involved in all aspects in the life of our Pre-school.
Our Mission Statement
- We provide affordable quality childcare for the local and wider community in lovely surroundings.
- We provide a warm, safe, friendly and stimulating environment.
- We value and respect each child as a unique individual.
- We form strong and respectful relationships with parents, carers and each child to support their children’s learning and development by carrying out observations and give feedback on each child.
- Our key person system ensures that each child feels secure and their family are given appropriate support to settle-in their child each day.
- We offer a specially tailored curriculum leading to the early learning goals.
- We believe in providing free play where the children are able to make choices by selecting their own activities, toys and equipment.
- We welcome families from all different ethnical, cultural and religious backgrounds and who have additional needs or disabilities, and take special measures to ensure our pre-school is accessible to everyone.
- We welcome families from all social and economic backgrounds.
- We are committed to developing the quality of our service and practice by making continuous improvements through planning, training, working with other professionals and obtaining feedback from the children, parents and carers.
- As a registered charity, we encourage parents and their families to actively become involved and support us by helping our fundraising efforts.
Combe After-School Club
Combe Pre-School continues to provide an After-School club provision. It is now also possible for preschool children aged 3-4 years to extend their day until 6pm!
“My child’s key person communicates very well, so I am always aware of what is going on”.
“My child settles in well, and on occasions when didn’t, has been included into an activity.”
“I think the Rising fives sessions are fantastic for the children and make them feel very grown up”.
“I like painting, doing dressing up and playing on the computer”
Tel: 01993 898813
Combe Pre-school is a Registered Charity 1022602
We are a member of the Pre-school Learning Alliance